Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Venezia

Venice has turned out to be my most favorite place in Italy, the night life and all around atmosphere of the place is incredible!


Today was a rather boring day, but before I get into that let me tell you about last night.


So me and Andrea go and get pizza (from the same joint, we've eaten there the whole time.. Caffe India) and after that decide to go into San Marco to feed the pigeons. Well no pigeons were there but there were lights everywhere and music playing which was really cool. So we walk around listening to music and watching people dance, just wishing we had the ones we love with us.. yeah.


Anyways, so we walk over by the clock tower because it looked like this beside it.. beautiful.



and as I'm taking pictures I hear some guy talking right beside me about how where there is water on the ground it looks beautiful with the lights and I just simply nodded and said, "I bet." He continued going on about photography and saying he was an artist and "picture taker" also. I didn't really believe that. He introduced himself and Andrea to his friend Pasqualo (his name is the only one I can remember). Clearly he was trying to hit on us. He tells me that around 5 or 6 when the sun is setting the water is beautiful to take pictures of but you need a tripod (he said tre pod). So I'm trying not to be rude and just kinda say yeah and laugh and continue to take pictures. He made me feel awkward. He asks if I've seen the Rialto Bridge (even though I hadn't) I said yes. I knew he'd be like, "Let me take you." with his italian charm (not).  He finally starts talking about a bar and how we should all go get a drink (hoping he would realize I'm young) I say I'm not old enough to drink. He laughs and said WATER, COCA COLA. Then Andrea saves the day with, "Ummm yeah, I'm married" and holds out her rings. I just hold my hand up (hey I have a rock on it, he doesn't have to know my aunt gave it to me). Carlos or whatever walks off embarrassed while Pasqualo laughs and says he's sorry and that it's nice to meet us. Awkward.


We saw him today and he avoided us, haha. Come to find out the sun does not set at 5 or 6, it sets around 830... dummies.


We also ran into some ballroom dancers at a restaurant close to the water, SO MUCH FUN. I'm going to learn how to salsa dance, watch me.


I almost killed myself too by banging my head on the shutters to the window, no really. Andrea thought I had a concussion.


Today we just walked around and I bought a new suitcase and ate canolies (which andrea hated) ate pizza and some pasta with octopus in it (gross).


We took a nice nap and looked for the Bridge of Sighs but it was under renovations. We bought gifts for some people and took pictures of gifts we wish we could get people (check facebook for those). We fed some pigeons, I like the pigeons.


Tonight we got dressed nice (well nicer than we usually do) and went out to hear music and watch people dance and we talked about marriage. Weird.


Tomorrow we leave for Rome and I'm excited, we have a lot on our agenda. But just to make the days go by faster, I'm ready to get back to my family, friends, and of course my boyfriend... and taco bell.


I think that's all for now.


ciao ciao


Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment